Do you manufacture custom plush toys In The United States?
We can now offer our customers a choice between domestic (U.S.A) or foreign (China) custom plush production. In addition to our very own U.S.A. factory, we also work with five Chinese factories.
Why should I choose Joyus Toyus?
We stand between you and the pitfalls associated with factory direct association.
- Miscommunication -Since we’ve worked with some of the same factories for years, we have learned to better communicate with them on our customer’s behalf. These communication methods include E-mail and phone exchanges. One of our factories’ co-owners actually resides in the U.S., so we hope this provides an extra level of comfort. If needed, we can immediately reach them by phone or airplane and even arrange for face to face* meetings. (* if deemed necessary) Occasional communication issues may still arise, but we always do our part to resolve them as efficiently as possible.
- Shipping Costs -On average, freight forwarders markup their shipments 30% or more. In exchange for an exclusive freight forwarder partnership, our shipper markup is locked-in at a percentage rate below the industry average.
- Minimum Quantities -Due to the number of customers we represent, we are able to negotiate lower factory quantity requirements. Our standard minimum order quantity is 500pcs, but for an added “micro-order” fee (contingent upon design complexity) we can produce orders in quantities as low as 125 pieces. We can also mix and match styles starting at 250pcs of each, with an additional mixing fee. (i.e. 250pcs of two styles = 500pcs) Technically, we can produce 1-124pcs, but these are treated as prototypes and are anchored with a high factory surcharge. Therefore, if more than 24 pieces are desired, it is actually more cost effective to order at least 125pcs. However, if you are planning to resale your product, and are not including a surcharge, 125pc order pricing is generally too high for a reasonable profit margin. Therefore, a larger 250pc order quantity is recommended. Most of our 125pc order clients use their product for promotional giveaways.
- Sample Development – In most cases, our factories can provide initial samples images within 7-14 business days (spring months) possibly sooner. However, depending upon sample complexity, it is impossible to estimate how long the entire sample development process may take. We must also collect a sample fee, but it is usually nominal and 100% refundable upon order placement. 1-499pc order sample deposits cannot be refunded until you have ordered 500 total pieces. Fee amounts also depend upon sample size and complexity. If you expect to order multiple sample designs within a given period of time, it is highly recommended (but not required) that you order them together. By doing this, we can negotiate discounted sample development pricing and save you up-front costs. Upon sample completion, sample photos (including initial and subsequent corrections) are E-mailed prior to sample shipment. Since we must pay our factory for designer/sculpting time and materials used, once you’ve paid for and received your initial sample images, we cannot offer a credit or refund for that particular sample, under any circumstances. However, we will continue to fabricate unlimited revisions (excluding design replacement) until it meets your satisfaction. Upon sample receipt, if further revisions are needed, you must ship the prototype back to us for correction, or an additional redevelopment fee may be accessed. Sample Development (Materials) – For orders of 1-2500pcs, the factory will search the marketplace to find your desired spot* fabric (* smaller “remnant” yards of fabric available for smaller order quantity use) but please be aware that if an immediate order is not placed upon sample approval, the marketplace fabric may sell out (due to its scarcity) and a substitute fabric may need to be utilized. Please be aware that some production fabric colors may vary slightly from the approved sample fabrics. This is due to small chemical changes that can occur during the dye process. However, we will always do our very best job to ensure a precise color match.
- Accountability -Again, since we’ve worked with some of the same factories for years, we can mediate any potential order issues and hold our factories accountable for replacement and/or credit. NOTE: We have never pursued legal action against any Joyus Toyus factory.
- Availability -Even though our home office is located on the U.S. east coast, we work a mix of both U.S. and China hours. This allows us to be available day and night. We also make every effort to respond to all communications (phone or E-mail) within 24-48 hours.
- Accessories -Some packaging (depending upon complexity) may warrant an additional fee. However, a black and white sewn tag is always included in our custom plush pricing, and depending upon plush requirements, a 4-6 color paperboard tag may also be included. (Due to the small quantity, we can only include free sewn tags for 1-500 piece orders. For an additional fee, we can still produce hang tags for these order quantities.) Unless otherwise specified in writing, all sewn tags will carry the Joyus Toyus logo. To use your own logo, or for hang tag printing, please provide artwork in (a.i. – Adobe Illustrator or high resolution PDF format) If you are unfamiliar with this format, please let us know and we will advise accordingly. All sewn tags are printed with black and white ink, although color sewn tags are available for a surcharge.
- Government Toy Regulation – If you are selling product in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and/or Massachusetts, it must be registered with each state. As an importer, our customers’ products are always covered under our own registration number.
- Payment Terms – Our payment terms vary, depending upon order quantity. We also handle all factory communication and international wire transfers. Price estimates are always good for 30 days, after which they may increase due to marketplace fluctuation. If paying by credit card, we now offer convenient processing through Intuit, which means that a 3.9% surcharge may be added to the transaction total. Otherwise, no fee options like Zelle, electronic check, or bank wire are also accepted. Defective product and/or refund requests will be honored through factory credit or replacement product only.
- Production Time Frame -Due to our factory relationships, from the time of production payment, most of our ocean freight orders take 60-80 days for combined production and delivery. Depending upon order quantity, some air freight orders can be completed and shipped within 30-45 days. Please note, due to the unpredictable nature of imports (holidays, ocean conditions, Customs exam holds, even vessel engine malfunctions or maritime accidents) we cannot guarantee any time frame. If you are in a rush, factory to door air freight is always the best alternative. We now ship ocean freight from China twice a month, so standard orders will ship accordingly. By consolidating shipments in this manner, we may be able to offer shipping discounts
- If you are working under any deadline, we highly recommend that our customers prepare a back-up plan. This should involve shipping at least one carton of your order (from factory to door) via air freight. This is only a recommendation, but again due to the unpredictable nature of imports, it is strongly advised.
- There are also many custom plush companies/agents, who are located in the United States like us, and who may offer “to good to be true” price estimates or even free samples/discounts. In this industry, you will always get what you pay for, and there are no free rides without a “catch”. If you pay extremely low production costs, you could very well end up with a low quality order, which could cost you much more in reproduction time and additional monies. Our testimonials speak for themselves, and we are always willing to provide references to back them up.
Are you middle-men or do you own your factory?
While we wear many hats as plush toy designers, factory brokers, and importers, we are not employed by, nor do we own any China factory. However, we do own our USA FACTORY! If necessary, we can even choose to discontinue a China factory partnership. This position affords us the ability to make sure that our overseas factories continually maintain the high level of plush quality that our customers expect. Just because a custom plush company owns its overseas factory, do not let this lure you into thinking that is a better option. Unless the company owns multiple factories, depending upon the size of the one they do own, they are essentially driving all of their business into a single location (placing all their eggs in one basket) which can lead to production bottlenecks and subsequent extended delivery lead times.
Do any other custom plush toy companies own a USA factory?
Since we first opened our USA factory, we’ve noticed a disturbing trend among many of our competitors. They will state that their offices are based in the USA or that they are USA companies. I’ve seen some statements go so far as to proclaim that they are USA manufacturers, or that their custom plush toys are “designed” in the USA. These are misleading statements. Joyus Toyus owns and operates the only USA custom plush toy factory of its kind, which can offer both Chinese and American (hybrid) manufacturing services.
Do You Offer A Non-Disclosure Agreement?
Yes, please CONTACT US for our non-disclosure agreement. You will need to print, sign (or digitally sign) and E-mail the page to us.
I Do Not Have Plush Prototype Artwork For My Idea. Can You Provide This Service?
Yes, we can work closely with you to develop your concept. To accomplish this, we can use a mix of the latest graphics software and our own graphic design team. Our team can handle everything from character creation to prototype development.
Can You Confirm That Your Factory(s) Adhere To All Government Child Safety Standards?
All of our factories meet or exceed child safety standards and can provide appropriate documentation when needed. If your business operates in the U.S., please click this LINK to view our latest information regarding the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s toy safety legislation requirements.
Can You Confirm That Your Factory(s) Do Not Employ Child Labor And/Or Operate Under Harsh Working Conditions?
Our factories have confirmed that their employees are treated well and work in good conditions, and all of them are Disney, Target, and/or Wal-Mart certified. We have posted a couple of photos below.
What Is Included In Your Pricing?
Our pricing includes prototype development (if ordering 500pcs or more) and all manufacturing costs (including fabric procurement, cutting & sewing, black and white sewn tag (with logo if desired)* general packaging (polybag if requested) customized shipping cartons, and standard factory testing. In some circumstances, 3rd party safety testing and shipping costs are calculated and billed separately.
* For an additional cost, we can provide full color sewn and hang tags, as well as additional PACKAGING options.
What Sets Joyus Toyus Apart From Its Domestic Competitors?
If you are reading this page, than you are most likely learning about us for the first time. Whether this is or isn’t the case, thank you for visiting our home away from home. (just ask our family *wink* hey kids get to bed) Seriously, my wife and I pour an enormous amount of energy into this business and I want to thank our family for their support. Without it, we would be glued to the phone and keyboard for 18 hours a day.
Okay, we are supposed to talk about what sets us apart from the competition, and there are some big competitors out there. We are a family-owned company in a big corporate pond. Sure there may be other “family-owned” companies, but are they also “operated” by family members or is your first phone conversation with a sales rep? I still personally oversee each customer’s project(s) and will never allow anyone in my company to handle 100% of your account. I am always just a phone call away. My mobile number is (843) 798-0051.
However, please don’t let the family theme fool you. My wife and I have been involved with the plush toy manufacturing industry, for a combined 25 years. I’ve also been in your shoes, manufacturing my own plush line of toys, so I know how it feels to make this leap of faith. If you choose Joyus Toyus as your custom plush supplier, we pledge to do everything possible to ensure a hassle-free experience.
We are a business minded couple with a simple vision, which is to see that each customer feels as if they are an extended part of our family. We’ve also done our homework and believe that Joyus Toyus offers one of the highest quality custom plush services in the industry.
How Do We Achieve This?
- We don’t use flashy web graphics and (based upon our customer comments) our web site is easy to navigate. I think confusing sites make for confused customers.
- We do not charge for any other service beyond sample/art development and custom plush production. For example, if you have questions about how to copyright your design, just ASK us. There is never a charge for information.
- We are flexible, as most of our guidelines are not chiseled in stone. If you have a special request that doesn’t fall within our INQUIRY requirements, just tell us more about it in the additional requirement box. For example, one of our overseas factories was asked to produce Iron Man 3’s 15 foot “Stark Bunny”.
- We offer a streamlined sample development process. If you need your character designed from scratch, we will charge one flat artwork fee and not nickel and dime you by the hour. When you pay for sample development, the sample price also INCLUDES UNLIMITED REVISIONS!
- We can provide most initial samples images within 7-14 business days (spring months) not 4-6 weeks. When it comes to production, most orders can be completed and delivered within 60-80 days (by vessel) and in as little as 35-50 days (by air).
If you would like to know what our past and present customers think, I will let their TESTIMONIALS speak for themselves.
These are just a few of areas that we feel best define Joyus Toyus, and we hope that you will take them into consideration when choosing your custom plush supplier. Thanks again for visiting and we hope to hear from you soon!
Chris and Raquel Gann
843-798-0051 (Mobile Phone)